Date: 2nd November 2015 at 12:40pm
Written by:

Aberdeen’s Scottish Premiership season continued with a defeat at Celtic Park against Celtic on Saturday.

Defeat for Aberdeen hasn’t been uncommon of late so another setback wasn’t a surprise really, especially at Celtic as the Dons had lost the last 20-matches at Celtic Park, which we can now say is 21 with a Griffiths double and another from Forrest leaving the Bhoys in command before a late Rooney consoldation in a three-one defeat.

Celtic Highlights – Click Here.

The game started in end to end fashion, Celtic were pushing on and creating chances but Aberdeen were catching them on the counter plenty of times with Rooney having a number of chances.

Ward, who despite the number of attempts at goal Celtic did have, wasn’t actually ‘worked’ that often pulled off a fine save when Griffiths was put clean through one-on-one with him with the Scottish international striker also failing to hit the target with another good chance.

Rooney’s best chance came a little past the half hour mark when Hayes put in a fine cross but the Irish striker, as with his previous attempts, wasn’t able to hit the target to make Celtic ‘keeper Gordon work.

A goalless first half, which wouldn’t have been a bad half for Aberdeen at all, swung Celtic’s way when Griffiths (44) finally broke the deadlock. Tierney, who was impressive on the day, got forward and put in a perfect cross to Griffiths who got between Quinn and Taylor to power a header past a helpless Ward just before the break.

Celtic were rampant in the second half with a reckless Taylor challenge on Commons, which didn’t need to be made as there wasn’t too much danger, gave Celtic a penalty with Griffiths (53) doubling the lead from the spot early in the second half.

That was that….

On the hour it was three though when Forrest (60) scored, showing great skill and composure as to finish Rogic’s pass as Celtic threatened to run riot.

Perhaps the only surprise was the fact Celtic didn’t add to the goals, Griffiths could have complete his hat-trick with Stuart Armstrong having several chances having come on as the Bhoys attack proved too much for a previously watertight Dons defence.

A last minute Rooney (89) header, which if he had been able to take one of the three earlier chances might have made a difference, was a mere consolation even if he might have been offside, not that it mattered as the damage had been done!

Despite defeat it’s still ‘too soon’ to officially say the title push is over for Aberdeen but a seven-point deficit on Celtic, with the form the Dons are in with second place lost to Hearts too, leaves it all to do now even with us only at the start on November….